Vocational Training Officer (VTO) Certificate
Training programmes to produce skilled instructors in accordance with Act 652 Standard 6 requirements and the criteria to become an assessor/internal verifier, i.e.:
“To possess at least a Malaysian Skill Certificate as a vocational instructor or a vocational management certificate or a training certificate to teach vocational courses that is accredited by the Department of Skill Development/NVTC.”
FRAMEWORK FOR TRAINING:
Adopt the NOSS Vocational Training Operation (I-031-3:2014) as the basic guideline. The course consists of 3½ months of theory (Methodology) at CIAST and 6 months of internship training at a public or private skill training institute. Students who successfully complete their studies will be awarded the VOCATIONAL TRAINING OFFICER LEVEL 3 MALAYSIAN SKILL CERTIFICATE by the Department of Skill Development.
DURATION OF TRAINING:
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION:
- Malaysian citizen between 20 and 35 years
- Holds an SPM or SVM with a pass in Malay and History (for SPM candidates from 2013 onwards)
- Has any one of the following qualifications:
i) Advanced Malaysian Skill Diploma (DLKM); or
ii) Malaysian Skill Diploma (DKM); or
iii) Malaysian Skill Certificate Level 3
- Not blind or colour blind or visually impaired or deaf (without hearing aids) or speech impaired or disabled physically which can adversely affect practical work and study sessions
- Pass the interview conducted
- Applications from government employees are subject to approval by their respective departments
- Candidates must be prepared to be placed in any of the accredited centres throughout Malaysia for their internship training.
Those who successfully complete the courses can apply for positions as vocational instructors in Department of Skill Development accredited centres.